Real estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions regularly exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 tax problem, would you handle it without the assistance of a CPA? If you were involved in a $100,000 lawsuit, would you go to court without an attorney? The same rule applies to your real estate transaction.
A REALTOR® will help you navigate the complex legal and financial world of real estate. A REALTOR® will represent your best interests and help you negotiate a winning deal. From the day you enter the market until the date of closing, a REALTOR® is on your side! A REALTOR® will do all of this while adhering to the superior standards set forth in the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
Still not convinced? Here are just a few more reasons why it pays to work with a REALTOR®:
- Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power -- i.e. your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity -- through his/her network of lenders best qualified to assist you. Your REALTOR® can also help you understand the various financing options.
- Your REALTOR® has MANY resources to assist you in your home search. Your REALTOR® may even be aware of property that has not yet hit the market, but is coming soon.
- Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property.
- Your REALTOR® can assist you in locating community information (utilities, zoning, schools, etc.) that will provide the most ideal environment for your home or investment.
- Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate a myriad of factors, including, but not limited to: price, financing, terms, possession, repairs, title, etc.
- Your REALTOR® can advise you as to which investigations or inspections are recommended or required, and will then help you identify a qualified, responsible professional to perform those inspections/investigations.
- Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process.
- Your REALTOR® can provide up-to-date information about what is happening within the local marketplace, as well as the price, financing, terms, and condition of competing properties.
- Your REALTOR® can market your property to other real estate agents and the buying/selling public and serve as your marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property through the Multiple Listing Service, other cooperative marketing networks, open houses, etc.
- Your REALTOR® can know how, when, and where to advertise your property. Studies by the National Association of REALTORS® show that 82 percent of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family, and other personal contacts.
- When your property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® can prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
- Your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property.
- Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position.
- Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement.
- Your REALTOR® can help you close the sale of your home and deal with unexpected issues or questions that may arise (repairs, title work, etc.).
Contact Bob Young