You might be thinking that winter isn’t the most ideal time to sell a home, but this doesn’t mean you have to wait for nicer weather to list your property. You can make your home stand out to potential buyers in the winter season with competition being less fierce and certain buyers being more motivated to buy.
There are a few tips for selling your home in the winter season:
- Keep the temperature up. You need to remember that you are selling an experience when you are selling your home. You want people to imagine themselves living in your home.
- Take care of the snow and ice. Your sidewalks and doorways should be clear of snow and ice. This will allow your buyers to access the house and it also just looks better.
- Keep the outside of the home clean. Snow and ice leads to exterior grime. You may notice a layer or dirt on the siding or windows. Make sure to clean that up before showing your home
- Showcase your fireplace. If you have a fireplace I would recommend showing it off to your buyers. This will add some ambiance to your family room area.
- Show in the daytime if possible. There is only so much daylight during the winter season. Showing in the daylight will allow your buyers to see how your house actually looks on the outside as well as the inside.
- Emphasize Comfort. The littlest things can make a house seem cozy. Something as little as laying a fluffy blanket on the back of the couch can make a house feel extra cozy. Some sellers will even bake cookies or a pie to make the house smell like a home.
Those are just a few of the easy tips to help you sell your home during the winter season. If you are looking to sell, feel free to contact me so we can discuss your options!