- W11711 Us-2 PO Box 173
Naubinway, MI 49762
Welcome to Our Website
We grew up in the western Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Following a career as a Conservation Officer with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources . Bruce retired from the Department in 1999. At that time, he was a District Law Supervisor, supervising the conservation officers in the eastern half of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Pat also retired in 1999 from a career as a registered nurse.
We live just out of Naubinway, along the banks of the Mille Coquins River,on the Hiawatha Sportsman's Club. This 35000 + acre Club is the hidden gem of the Upper Peninsula.
We have spent our adult lives working hard at building a reputation for integrity and openness and presently work full time marketing real estate in the eastern Upper Peninsula. I hope you will allow us to earn an opportunity to help you in any of your future real estate business
Area Real Estate Market
Being in the Real Estate business in a small community like Naubinway requires that a Realtor be knowledgeable in residential, recreational and commercial properties. Coldwell Banker Schmidt Realtors is a leader in eastern U.P. real estate sales with offices in Naubinway, Newberry, St. Ignace and Cedarville. Western Mackinac county is a rural area with tremendous recreational opportunities. Probably most prominent are the miles of pristine sand beaches. We have several small but vibrant villages for local shopping, dining, and employment. These small towns welcome new residents, both seasonal and year round. Naubinway is surrounded by the Hiawatha Sport'sman's Club, a 35,000+ acre private preserve with outstanding residential areas, quiet sand beaches, private lakes, blue ribbon trout streams, thousands of acres to hunt or just explore, a first rate golf course and much more.
We believe that living in this special place brings with it an obligation to be involved in those things important to our community. Among the things that we find time to be active in are:
- Board of Governers for the Hiawatha Sportsman's Club - During Bruce's six years on the Board, he served as President, Vice President, Chairman of the House and Grounds Committee and Chairman of the Grievance Committee.
- Garfield Township Planning Commission - During the past year this Commission re-wrote the Township Master Plan and revised and updated the Township's Zoning Ordinances. We focus on issues that make Garfield Township a great place to work and live.
- Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum - Bruce serves on the Board of Directors of this organization. This exciting project is working to build a top flight museum honoring the snowmobile heritage across North America.
- Top of the Lake Communities Association. For the past 6 years Bruce has been active in this group. Promoting community activities and the business environment in Garfield, Newton, Hudson and Hendricks Townships. For the past 2 years he has had the honored to be the president of this organization.
- Naubinway Christian Fellowship Church - We believe that without God at the center of or lives we can achieve nothing. Our church is small but we actively reach out to those in need both within and without our community. Pat and I both serve on the church council where she is the secretary and I am the chairman.
Living in the Upper Peninsula is a perfect fit for my wife and I. We enjoy living along the banks of the Mille Coquins River. Bruce enjoys canoeing this lovely river and is passionate about quiet recreational pursuits. He builds his own wooden canoes and row boats and we love to slip through the water nearly as silent as the wildlife we enjoy watching. He also enjoys building wooden furniture. Pat is active in a local quilter's group and knits clothing for our daughters and grandchildren.
In season Bruce fly fishes for salmon and steelhead trout as they make their way upstream to spawn. The Mille coquins River is a year round highway bringing wild birds and animals to our doorstep. From our windows we routinely watch deer, ducks, geese, swans, bear, bobcat, wolves, coyotes, river otters, beaver and muskrats. In winter Bruce enjoys cross-country skiing on nearby groomed trails while his friends enjoy snowmobiling and ice fishing.
My wife and I grew up in the far Western U.P. Following our careers in law enforcement and nursing we decided to live on the Hiawatha Sportsman's Club. We have 8 grandchildren. They love to visit, swim in the Mille Coquins River and play on the Lake Michigan Beaches. The older children enjoy fishing, canoeing, golfing, snowmobiling and other out door activity.
We believe that it is critical to provide professional service to our customers. To this end we regularly seek out educational opportunities to improve our skills as Realtors. Bruce earned a Graduate Realtor Institute(GRI) designation. To accomplish this, he had to complete 120 hours of classroom education covering real estate law, ethics, and marketing. His educational goal is to earn a real estate brokers license.
Pat is new to real estate. She obtained her real estate license just this past December and is presently studying hard to learn the business. Between the two of us we promise to provide the best customer service ever.