But here’s the catch – like most government programs, this is likely temporary. Currently the program is set to expire on December 31, 2015. But the good news is, once you’re in, you’re in. If the thought of a lower payment or fewer years on your mortgage sounds appealing, the time to act is right now
- You can shop several lenders, not just your current mortgage holder
- Your home’s Loan-to-value (LTV) can be 80% to 125%
You think banks like the above? Rest assured, they do not. They’d rather keep you at the higher rate you financed at years ago. That’s why the pressure is on time-wise. The Middle Class seems to miss out on everything (did you ride the last stock bubble? Probably not). Thus, it’s almost a no-brainer to jump on this now. You need to act fast in order to refinance your house at these current low refinance rates. You can greatly benefit:
- The average monthly savings for most eligible Americans is $250. Can you use an extra $250 a month?
- Many homeowners not only save every month, but depending on their current rates, they can also shorten their term.
- Deferred payments – typically, one or two payments are skipped / deferred as well.
This is why it’s a no-brainer – you will likely lower your payment, possibly shorten your term, AND can also get cash. The middle class never sees “breaks” like this. So this is your chance to get “in”.
Call Jeff and Amy Wagner for all of your real estate needs.