Florida ranks as the state with the highest foreclosure rate in the nation for the third-consecutive month, according to the latest report from RealtyTrac with November foreclosure data.
In Florida, one in every 304 homes received a foreclosure filing in November — more than double the national average.
Nevada, the previous leader, has been coming in second over the past three months, but it also has seen a 54 percent drop in foreclosures year-over-year.
The following are the top 10 states with the highest foreclosure rates in November:
- Florida: 1 in every 304 homes received a foreclosure filing in November
- Nevada: 1 in every 390 homes
- Illinois: 1 in every 392 homes
- California: 1 in every 430 homes
- South Carolina: 1 in every 455 homes
- Ohio: 1 in every 458 homes
- Arizona: 1 in every 468 homes
- Georgia: 1 in every 494 homes
- Michigan: 1 in every 621 homes
- Indiana: 1 in every 684 homes