Whether you believe retailers are going too far in opening their doors on Thanksgiving to get an early jump on holiday sales or are going to take your shopping list and line up anyway, one thing is clear: Black Friday is unstoppable, and, it’ll be here before you know it.
Most stores, like Walmart, Best Buy, Target, and Kmart, are opening in the early evening on Thanksgiving and are offering tempting deals on doorbusters. Some stores are already offering special deals to lure in buyers, and this will only get better for Black Friday shoppers in the coming days.
Keeping track of what is on sale when and where the best prices are can be confusing. SouthStar Communities likes a deal as much as anyone (which you can see from our great values on the best Texas land in New Braunfels, DFW, andBryan-College Station), so we created a Black Friday Cheat Sheet for you. Read below, for the inside info on the best Black Friday deals.
Housewares and other stuff for the home
It might not be the most exciting of holiday gifts, but Costco’s $100 discount off the $399 Dyson DC50 Compact Ball Vacuum definitely says “Happy Holidays!” to us. This is one of the many deals being offered at Costco between Nov. 29–31. Cuisinart’s Prep 11 Plus 11-Cup Food Processor w/ Blade Storage for $99—currently priced at $139—is yet another great Black Friday deal at Costco.
Crisp wintery nights beg for a little heat, and these two options from Lowe’s will give you the warmth, and the savings, you want:
- Garden Treasures 35-in Round Black Steel Wood-Burning Fire Pit with Cover for $39. The regular price is $79.
- Garden Treasures Steel Liquid Propane Patio Heater (Mocha) priced at $99. This was previously priced at $189.
Lowes is also offering a Samsung 3 series 3.6-cu ft High-Efficiency Front-Load Washer and|7.3-cu ft Electric Dryer regularly priced at $1798, Black Friday price $1198 for the pair.
BFads.net also notes that many of Lowe’s large appliance are already on sale at Black Friday prices and that the store “offers a 110% price-match policy, so anything you see at Home Depot that is also carried at Lowe’s can be purchased at a 10% discount.”
Electronics, and especially TVs, are what many people line up for on Black Friday. A report just released by America’s Research Group and Inmar notes that “America’s appetite for flat-panel TVs remains strong with 19 percent of households planning to make a television purchase this year.”
NBC News combed all the leaked Black Friday ads and compiled a fantastic list of TV and home theatre deals separated by store and time/day they are being offered and whether you can buy them online or have to be there in person.
“As predicted, it’s crazy this year: You can get a 70-inch HDTV for $998, and if you are excited about the new Ultra HD TVs — these are the ones also known as 4K TVs, with screen resolutions of 2160 x 3840 — you can get one for $750,” they said. “Considering some of these TVs listed for nearly $10,000 not six months ago, that’s pretty extreme.”
Have a look at their list here and get more details on the best TV deals, like:
- This Vizio 70” 1080p 120Hz Smart LED LCD HDTV, priced at price: $998, down from the current price of $1,698 at Walmart starting at 6pm on Thursday.
- Best Buy’s $499.99 LG 55” 1080p 120Hz LED LCD HDTV currently price priced at $999.99, being offered as one of their doorbusters beginning at 6pm Thursday.
- Target’s JBL 60-watt cinema-ready soundbar for $99.99, currently priced at $199.99, one of their doorbusters starting at 8pm on Thursday.
Important Black Friday Tricks and Info
Need a little help keeping all the sales dates and times and doorbuster info straight? We can help so you can concentrate on scoring the Best Black Friday deals on the hottest holiday items.
- Walmart is offering its doorbusters in three batches on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday. Be sure to check their ad so you know which items to line up for when. Their ”1 Hour In-Stock Guarantee” on many of the doorbusters means more inventory than previous years on some of the hottest items, but be prepared to show up early and wait for TVs and tablets.
- You can earn $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent from Tuesday, Nov. 26 through Sunday, Dec. 1.
- Best Buy’s Black Friday sale starts at 6pm on Thanksgiving night, but BFAds.net advises that “Tickets good for the purchase of doorbuster items will be handed out to those in line as early as 4pm!”
- Target is offering “Pre Black Friday deals and daily doorbusters” on their website Nov. 24-27. You can also enter your zip code on their website to get a handy map of all in-store doorbusters.
Don’t forget to put aside some time to visit your favorite SouthStar Communities neighborhood over the Thanksgiving holidays for special pricing on the best Texas land that makes Black Friday looks like kids’ play.
Looking for a one-stop shop for all the Black Friday specials, store hours, and doorbuster info? Check out Fatwallet‘s Black Friday matrix. Be sure to check your local store for updated hours.
Happy Black Friday shopping!
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org