Saugatuck - Douglas - Glenn - Fennville Real Estate Expert Waterfront, Hobby Farms, Family Homes,
- 269-857-1705 ext 1406
- 2987 Blue Star Highway PO Box 2717
Douglas, MI 49406
Five Reasons I Should Be "Your Realtor!"
1. I'm relatively new to this. I am in my third year of real estate sales. In my first year I acheived Coldwell Banker International Silver Society status reaching over $2,000,000 in sales . In my second year I grew my business by 200% acheiveing Coldwell Banker "Top Producer Status" breaking $4,000,000 in sales. While me being new to this might seem like a draw back, it's not. I've successfully owned and operated vacation rentals in the area for over fifteen years. I have property in Saugatuck, Douglas, Saugatuck Township, and Fort Myers Florida so I know the housing market. What me being new does for you? I have time… I won't just "list it and leave it." I have time to work your listing. I'll advertise it, show it, and keep your home connected to the buying market.
2. I am ethical and honest. Ask someone who knows me and you will be told that I'm outspoken and opinionated, perhaps sometimes less tactful than I should be… but they will tell you that I'm honest and fair… period.
3. I am a local. I was born and raised in East Grand Rapids. After gradauating from EGR High School in 1984, I owned and operated several succesful salons in East as well as downtown. I have lived in the Saugatuck/Douglas area since the late 1980's. My home and business are in Saugatuck but my friends and interests are spread all over western Michiagn. I am the Chairman of Saugatuck Historical Commission and have served on the Township Citizens Committee dealing with the most recent washout on Lakeshore Dr. and have served as a board member on the Lake Michigan Shore Association. I can be regularly found at local haunts discussing politics, music, art (and bowling!)… and the sale of your home!
4. I have the power of Coldwell Banker Schmidt behind me. CBS has been a family owned company since 1927. We have 42 offices in Michigan and Florida with over 700 agents. We do 10,000 plus transactions per year leading to over a billion dollars in sales annually. JD Power and Associates rank Coldwell Banker number one in seller satisfaction.
5. I'm fun. I love music, bowling, golf... and I make a mean margarita!
Michael Deem: Your Realtor!
I purchased my first home in Saugatuck in 1989. Since then I have lived in the area and now own homes in Saugatuck, Douglas, and Saugatuck Township. I have successfully managed vacation rentals since 2001. Having lived in the area for 25 years and having owned and operated vacation rentals since 2001 I have a unique perspective on the resort home market. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell a primary residence, a second home, or an income producing vacation rental, I have the first hand experience and knowledge of the Saugatuck – Douglas area to help you through the process smoothly. I’d be happy to chat with you to determine your wants and needs in this fantastic housing market. Give me a call or shoot me an email… let’s get started!
My life before real estate.
I owned and operated hair salons in downtown Grand Rapids for nearly 30 years focusing on customer service in a modern atmosphere. McDonald - Deem/ Hair was my first salon followed by Kodde 4 Hair, Kodde Salon, City Salon and Echo Salon. After being in the hair business for 25 years my partner and I purchased an eight cottage compound on Lake Michigan. We renovated six of the turn of the century cabins for rental and have now been successfully marketing and operating Timber Bluff for thirteen seasons. We have since purchased a cottage in Douglas called Helmer House and a waterfront luxury home on Lake kalamazoo known as 97 Park. both are vacation rentals. We also own a home in Florida on a golf course and that is a rental as well.
Having successfully owned and operated vacation rentals for nearly fifteen years, I am an expert in the vacation rental market. Saugatuck Douglas is a very desirable vacation destination having been named the number 1 weekend destination by USA Today and always ranking in the top ten on Conde Nast's list of getaways. I have the knowledge to help you choose the right income producing home for rentals.
My Home Life
I grew up in East Grand Rapids Michigan the fifth child of educators. The primary foci growing up were education and athletics. My elder siblings went on to college attending great schools such as University of Michigan, Amherst College, Notre Dame, and Pepperdine University. I chose an entrepreneurial path and opened my first business at nineteen years old… and have been successfully self employed since.
I share my life with a partner of fifteen years. I'm an avid reader, beach bum, and golfer.
I am just finishing my first year as an Historic District Commissioner in Saugatuck. I am very interested in local politics and plan to run for City Council at the end of my HDC tenure.