Sales Mgr., Associate Broker
- 700 W. Main Street
Gaylord, MI 49735
Welcome to my Website
Otsego County and Gaylord Real Estate
Gaylord / Otsego County Quick Links For Your Search
Hawks Landing is a 70 unit site condo development in Gaylord's hottest location! Purchase a lot, a finished Energy Star home, or have us build one of our models or even a custom home. Low dues & optional property management services. I'm the Hawks Landing Developer.
One of my areas of expertise is in the development and sales of site condominiums units, like those in the preceding link at Treetops' Premier Golf Course, the only Tom Fazio designed golf course in the state of Michigan. Treetops offers the best golfing in the Midwest and a Treetops vacation home provides property owners cash flow in the rental mgt. program and property owner golf rates you'll find hard to believe! And Treetops is just the start, the Gaylord Golf Mecca markets a diverse set of outstanding golf courses.
I also help sellers and buyers market and purchase residential and vacant land in Otsego and Montmorency Counties, along with the eastern-half of Antrim County and the southern half of Cheboygan County around Wolverine. On the sales side I put a strong focus on pricing my inventory at what the market can bear, helping sellers stage their properties to appeal to buyers, effectively market their properties, and bring my corporate purchasing experience and skills to the negotiating table.
On the marketing side I focus on taking great photos, insuring all possible information that will help sell a home is loaded in the MLS, and insure maximum visibility of my listings on the Internet. I also feature the MLS number on my road signs. That make it easy for buyers to get information about my sellers inventory through their smartpjhone real estate app, or calling into our office for more info. Coldwell Banker Schmidt's Gaylord office is also open seven days a week.
On the buyer-side I have a robust, systemic process I encourage my buyers to work through. That includes receiving customized reports of listings which fit their search criteria, direct access to our MLS, and automatic email updates when a change occurs. The latter's especially important to get in on great deals. All while insuring my buyer-clients know the value, benefits, and risks of the property they're considering purchasing.
On both sides of a deal I also focus on insuring sellers and buyers know the costs to close, any risks which are revealed in the closing docs, and that closing docs are accurate and consistent with the deal.
Other areas of expertise is working with investors to market for sale or purchase property that offers you an optimal return. As a local developer, I have experience working with construction, engineering, local commercial lenders, and gov't approval agencies. My experience purchasing raw land, residences, and developing residential property allows my clients to leverage the experiences I've accumulated when my own my money is at stake.
- Present - Developer - Hawks Landing Development Co.
- Present - Developed golf frontage condominiums at Treetops North on the Fazio course
- Present - Owner, Heath Investment Properties - investing in Gaylord area properties. Also manage property management services for Hawks Landing Condo Assoc. of which I'm also President.
- Vice President, Supply Chain Mgt. - OMM - high-tech optical switching co. in San Diego.
- Director Purchasing - Jabil Circuit - Electronic Mfg'ing Svc's headquartered in St. Pete, FL - in 1992 Jabil was a family-owned business with 2 modest domestic factories; when I left for OMM in 2001 a mere 9 years later, we were a global manufacturing leader with 23 mfg campuses with $4 billion/year in sales averaging 35% annual growth in net income.
- Apple Computer Co. - Mat'ls Mgt. Rotation Program - Cupertino, CA
- 1985 - 1989 - Michigan State U. - B.A. in Business Mgt with honors, I worked my through college as a butcher at Meijer's Okemos location
- 1978 - 1985 - Assistant Manager - Heath's IGA - Gaylord, MI. - I was raised in the grocery business, a great place to learn how to manage a business, take care of clients, and thrive on tight margins and tough competition.
Here are the areas where my functional knowledge and performance can help either Seller's looking for a listing agent or buyer's looking to optimize their purchasing experience:
- Residential Sales
- Vacant Land Sales, including hunting property, conservation easements, and Commercial Forest Reserve Programs.
- Commercial Properties
- Site Condminium Properties
- Condo Association Management
- Development Properties
- Resort Properties
- Up North Vacation Homes and Retreats
B.A., Business Administration - Management, Michigan State University, with honors
- Golfing at Treetops . Gaylord is also home of the Golf Mecca, with 28 nearby courses rated four stars or better!
- Mountain Biking -
- If you have more time or even after work, some of the best trails anywhere can be found in the Pigeon River State Forest! Gaylord has an awesome heavily wooded in-town trail at Aspen Park , which doubles as a snowshoe trail in the winter. Aspen park also features paved, lighted walking paths that make great groomed XC ski trails in the winter.
- Weight Lifting
- Dining Out - we're partial to Bennethum's Northern Inn for fine dining and Alpine Tavern & Eatery for casual fare, including the best pizzas in town (The secret is ordering the roma tomatoes and feta cheese as two of your toppings.) Best breakfast? Diana's, their lunches are awesome as well. Coffee and deli - go Big Bear!
- Computer geek in training. Mike's tip - you don't buy bikes or computers, you buy bike shops and computer stores, so pick your store wisely! For great service by pros who know computers and have the patience to explain their knoweldge to the rest of us, you can't wrong with the Alpine Computer Store. And go Apple!